Where is Lake Tekapo Farm Tours located?
- Lake Tekapo Farm Tour’s office is located at 48a D’archiac Drive, Lake Tekapo. We share the same check-in point as Silver River™ Stargazing and Isolation Bay Luxury Accommodation.
What does your tour involve?
Currently, Lake Tekapo Fam Tours offer one farm tour option:
- 1. Our 2-hour farm tour operates several times during the day. Your tour will include luxury transport with heating/air conditioning and large windows. A knowledgeable local guide who will assist you in getting some of the most amazing photos and information of the region. Your tour will be conducted around the Tekapo Township and the Mt John and Balmoral High Country Stations. From these high country farms, we can sometimes see Aoraki Mt. Cook and the Southern Alps. Every tour you will view sheep, deer, cattle and alpaca. Hand feeding of the animals will happen.
Private tours / departures are available upon request. Please email us at email@example.com
Do you supply warm jackets?
- We sure do! We have a limited supply of jackets available in many sizes for use during the tours. As we can not guarantee your size, we suggest you dress warmly (or to the conditions) and if your size is available, you can make use of our warm full length down jackets if needed. Please ensure you have comfortable enclosed shoes on.
Does your tour cancel?
- In short – NO we only cancel our Lake Tekapo Farm Tours if a situation becomes out of our control. If the tour has been cancelled in advance due to adverse weather or events beyond our control, we will advise you via email that you have provided. If your travel agent has not provided your email or phone number to us, we will inform your travel agent to pass on the details.
I heard your business is a Living Wage provider, what does this mean?
- You heard correct! Silver River™ Stargazing is the operators of Lake Tekapo Farm Tours and is very proud to be the very first tourism and hospitality operator to offer our staff a Living Wage within the Mackenzie Region. Being a Living Wage provider means we pay staff a higher fairer wage. In turn, this shows we care about our staff, the tourism industry and our community. Learn more about the Living Wage at www.livingwage.org.nz
Does your business hold a Passenger Service License (PSL)?
- We sure do! In fact, it is the law in New Zealand that we ensure your safety, our business proudly holds a Passenger Service License (PSL) and all of our drivers are full ‘P’ endorsed to safely drive you around.
What time do the tours start?
- We have several departure times! 8am* 10am 12:30pm 2:30pm, 4:30pm* and 6:30pm* (* are seasonal departure times).You will be able to view tour departure times from our live reservation system.
I need to cancel my tour, what is your refund policy?
- Flexibility is the key to our tours. Have a look at our Cancellation Policy Matrix below:
From the time of booking till 12 hours before departure: 12 hours – 4 hours before departure: 3-hours – till tour departure: 100% Refund (0% loss) 50% Refund (50% loss) 0% Refund (100% loss)
What are the ages for children?
- Anyone from age 5 till 12 (inclusive) are classified as a child. Age 13 and beyond are classified as an adult. Infants are welcome to join us on the tours, however, you will need to book them in as they take a seat upon the transport. We limit 1 infant per tour departure. Caregivers will need to supply a car seat for the infant, failure to supply a car seat means the infant will not be able to join the tour. To book your infant you will need to call +64(0)36806866 or 0800 742 782.
What tours are suitable for the family?
- Every tour is suitable for the family!
What if I am late for the tour?
- If you are running late and the tour has already departed, you will not be permitted to join the tour. Check-in time is 20 minutes before tour departure time. If guests NO SHOW for your scheduled departure, Lake Tekapo Farm Tours has the right to put other guests in your spot. Tours have to run to a strict timetable. You may not be eligible for a refund. Where possible our staff will try and accommodate your reservation for another departure time.
What happens if there is an emergency?
- Our staff are trained to deal with incidents and in case of an emergency, you should listen to their instructions. We always have a staff member on duty who is a qualified first aider and all staff are trained in our safety procedures.